Tuesday, January 20, 2004

We also need cheaper sleeping technology

Cable just reminded me that most people see only one thing when buying mattress and this is the price. I have to agree 120% since I still cannot fathom why it takes me a $100 to buy the most rudementary mattress. However, the sleeping technology I was mentionning is not just the mattress per se. It also includes some electronics and recording capabilities for diagnostics purposes. We are talking about much more advanced than a confortable pillow. So, in line with how disruptive technologies end up being large markets, one has to think of specific niche where one can grow the market. Affluent people, such as customers of the sharper image, could be part of that constituency but I think one should be able to find a much broader one. I have to think about it.

No comments:

Printfriendly